Each team has to march waves of their minions to their death at the chompers at the ends of lanes on the map. Sounds like fun, right? Think of it like a homicidal robotic sport. You score points for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator and the team with the most scrap metal, wins. Teams of heroes must guide their minions as they march to their death at the center of the map. Points are scored for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator, and the team with the most points wins.
A couple keys to owning a Meltdown map, according to the Gearbox team:
- Owning the supply buildable underneath the bridge in the center of the map is key to controlling the match
- Maintain the logistics buildables at the choke points on your team’s end of each lane. They can make the difference between an organized retreat and a team wipe.
- The large Shard clusters spawn every 2 minutes. Make sure you own those areas so you can control the map via buildables
- Just because the enemy team beat you to the half way mark doesn’t mean the match is a lost cause. Their chomper locations will move further back, making it much harder for them to score and easier for your team to catch up.
- Minion waves spawn once per minute. Keep track of the match timer and it will give you an edge on hitting the other team’s minions before they can respond.